My name is Josh, and I am a creative internet marketing strategist. I have fallen in love with marketing because each aspect has its moments of pure brilliance. Who doesn’t enjoy a Betty White Snickers commercial, a brand who puts you in safe hands, or glasses that show step by step navigation to the Brooklyn Bridge? I think everyone does, but being a marketer I find it easy to appreciate the hard work and dedication that goes into great branding.
This is the reason I chose marketing. What other career makes a social media site into a customer service tool or can associate the color pink with fighting breast cancer? Marketing takes a message and shares it with the world, and in a world of ever evolving technology, the internet is the perfect place to share this message. Yet, in a world full of messages it is so easy for yours to get lost.
That is where I enter; it is my job to share your message with the world, whether that world is small or large. Sharing a message with your market can be difficult, but I take your message and find a creative way to present it using the right media, great design, and thoughtful wording. And that is effective marketing.
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Duke University Medical Center
April 2014 – Current
- Manages social media accounts increasing likes, follows and social engagement over 25% on Facebook and Twitter over a 6 month period.
- Doubled traffic to the department internal blog by crafting more engaging headlines and ledes.
- Increased web traffic to psychiatry.duke.edu by 71% through utilizing SEO tactics, including writing copy, making consistent updates, researching keywords and using social media to leverage information.
- Writes content for the department blog based on faculty featured in the news, research funding opportunities, question and answer sessions with faculty, and faculty promotions with the purpose of creating camaraderie in the department.
- Designed and developed an engaging and mobile friendly quarterly e-mail newsletter for the department.
- Works with the Duke Medical Center Development Office to plan events and prepare marketing materials to facilitate philanthropic giving.
- Creates weekly e-mail communications for faculty and staff featuring relevant announcements, web articles, and funding opportunities.
December 2012- Present
- Freelance marketer and designer
- Social media strategy consulting
- Presentation design and structure consulting
- Magazine advertisement design
- App design
- Logo design
Account Manager / Marketing
Northlake Steel Corporation
June 2012-August 2013
- Communicated product and project statuses with customers daily
- Conducted exploratory market research for product and inventory expansion.
- Worked with management to redesign company website and create engaging content to fit the company brand.
- Fostered new customer acquisitions through e-mail, phone, and personal communication.
- Worked with outside sales team to assess customer needs and rank leads.
Merchant Payment Services
November 2011-June 2012
- Created and implemented social media marketing strategy.
- Wrote content for weekly company blog and social media posts.
- Designed graphics for marketing activities.
- Developed and implemented an internet marketing campaign focused on building customer loyalty.
- Created a branding strategy for Delco Park Meeting Place (subsidiary company) increasing reach and conversations.
Professional Experience Continued
Marketing & Advertising Intern
Insert Key Solutions
- Created company print media, including brochures and other methods of branding
- Organized company documents on the company server
Bachelor of Arts, Marketing
Cedarville University, 2012
Minor in Bible
- Social Media Marketing (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google+)
- Google Analytics
- Google Trends
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access
- Visual CRM
- WordPress, Drupal
- Html, CSS